This position is Accountable for producing the following result:
The AMP L.A. Technical Director is the technology analog to the traditional Director of UX and Group Creative Director positions. This is to say that he/she is responsible for driving innovation across projects, clients and even industries. The Technical Director will develop client relations, plan cutting edge online strategies, clearly communicate technical approaches, direct the efforts of other groups of developers, and inspire others to exceed expectations.
If assigned to a specific account, a Technical Director is responsible for building a rapport with the AMP L.A. creative team as well as the client’s technical team. Once assigned to an account or project the Technical Director is responsible for knowing all the relevant information for building, deploying and maintaining work for within the client environment.
- Innovation Development Participates in all programs and enforces all policies relating to performance evaluations and career development planning.
- Mentors key technical staff.
- Creates an environment where Innovators can successfully achieve professional career path goals.
- Internal Operations
- Enforces standard policies and procedures.
- Serves as a technical expert representative across teams, clients, and the information technology industry.
- Offers technical support across practices in offering definition and positioning.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
- Architect and model applications prior to coding
- Write clean, documented, reusable and scalable code for deployment on the web, standalone, mobile, and other platforms
- Optimize code and architecture for great performance and outstanding user experiences
- Author and maintain technical documentation through the life of the project
Technical Effort Management
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Defines, communicates and enforces coding standards.
- Identifies reusable code required for our code library and ensures the high quality creation of the code.
- Manages multiple technical teams within budget and project schedule.
- Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve our methodology and training offerings.
- Assists in strategic sales efforts from a technical perspective.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- 10+ years experience developing and deploying Internet sites and applications in an agency / design firm environment
- 2+ years leading a team of developers
Expert in at least 2 (scripting) languages and 1 database engine:
- Python, specifically Django and/or DjangoCMS
- .NET, specifically C# and MVC
- SQL Server (T-SQL &/or Admin), mySQL, Oracle
- Web Service Development
- Apache, IIS, other
- Experience with hand-coding advanced HTML, CSS(SCSS)
Object-oriented design and development strategies
Ability to analyze and debug complex systems
Strong written and oral communication skills
Must be flexible and be willing to move between projects and tasks as needed
- NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
- MUST have Python experience (DjangoCMS Framework experience a plus)!!!