How do you know you should be a UX Lead at BLITZ? Because, even just in finding this page you’ve already thought of a more efficient way to get here.
Because you’re not just a wizard of information architecture. Not just an energized team leader who cleans up well in front of clients. You’re more. You’re driven by a passion to understand human behavior – and how it plays out in endless variations across the most pervasive technological advancement of our lifetime.
Because you think – and not just about what to do this weekend. No, you think the Big Thoughts. You do the Heavy Lifting. The Work. The What-Does-This-All-Mean and Where-Is-This-All-Going. But you’re also not too hung up on all that. Seriously, those people can be such a bore.
Because you empathize. You believe that, in a world where we all increasingly spend our lives connected to brands and to each other, to create richer, more satisfying experiences is to truly do something good in the world. And no, you don’t think that’s corny at all.
Because your experience and talent, let loose in one of the largest and most established UX practices on Silicon Beach will kick open doors to new ideas. It will influence and inspire as much as it absorbs new influences and inspirations. And, while you don't need to be proficient in music-jamming, tech-decking, keg-standing, street dancing, hackysacking, animal handling, dodge balling or surfing to join our ranks of happy Blitizens, we're not gonna lie – it won't hurt your chances.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to create smart, innovative solutions for our clients.
- Provide data driven insights into customer behavior and an actionable plan for meeting user needs.
- Champion process and methodology as well as research and evangelize the latest tools, best practices and trends that relate to the field.
- Generate project requirements definition by leading client working sessions, reviewing the competitive landscape, and participating in creative brainstorming sessions with the project team.
- Produce site- and competitive-analysis documentation.
- Lead user personae research and documentation.
- Define functionality, content, navigation, and interaction models through page level wireframes, site-maps, use cases, and functional requirements documentation
- Present deliverables and recommendations to clients and lead related meetings.
- Contribute to the development of content/data models, nomenclature and taxonomies.
- Design, develop and conduct usability tests, as applicable, to validate information architecture and design.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and vision of projects, making positive contributions in a tightly-knit, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Communications, or related field.
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- Candidates must be well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Proficient to expert in: standard UX software applications, such as OmniGraffle or InDesign
- Must have been in a client-facing role and have project experience working with teams on large scale, long-term projects.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience in a software or game design environment or interactive agency preferred.