BLITZ is an agency for the connected world, building brands through remarkable behaviors in paid, earned, and owned media - via products, services, and content. We help brands think, plan, create and live in the rich ecosystems that surround them. We believe “Favorite Is Greater Than Famous” - meaning that brands grow stronger and more sustainably through behaviors that provide, and not just persuade.
The Copywriter is a word and storytelling craftsman and ninja. Working in tandem with an Art Director, a Copywriter concocts big ideas that elevate brands to places they’d only ever dreamed of going. These brand ideas should be bold, smart and effective enough to break through the competition and the category, regardless of medium. That means our Copywriters have a strong grasp on writing when it comes to social, branded content and all forms of digital copy from display to site experiences.
The ideal candidate is passionate about storytelling in all forms, has a keen awareness of advertising in general, is able to present and talk about their ideas clearly, and has an unfettered love for the written word.
- Passionately interested in content marketing, social media, BLITZ’s mission, our clients’ businesses and the evolving digital world around us.
- You love Social Media. You are intimately familiar with all platforms and deeply understand the function and nuances of each of them.
- Not afraid of change; you embrace it. Learning and exploring comes naturally.
- You have a quality focus and you never stop trying to improve the outcome.
- You define the word proactive, always thinking (and doing) three steps ahead of everyone around you.
- Solution is your middle name. You’re creative and resourceful - there’s no problem you won’t find a solution to.
- You embody teamwork, respect, and collaboration. You’re not happy until your teammates are.
- You have a keen sense of accountability. You deliver on your promises and take responsibility for your actions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, multi balls in the air, kind of environment. You can think quickly and deliver reliably.
- Work as part of an integrated team to develop engaging and compelling creative ideas, concepts, stories and copy/content to achieve client goals regardless of medium.
- Establishes tone, character, and messages that will effectively communicate with target and fulfill project objectives.
- Responsible for the proper placement, context and meaning of every word as well as the overall message within a creative assignment. These are your babies. Treat them well.
- Stay current with industry trends, and applies them strategically.
- Be capable of presenting your work to your coworkers and clients as passionately and cleanly as possible. Our business is communication. Yes you can write it, but can you then you also need to explain why it works.
- Be a genuinely good person who plays well with others, is respectful of their environment, and distracts others to plot their demise.
- Be able to take direction from their creative leaders or account leads, learn from their mistakes and constantly strive to be a better creative.
- Mastery of the English language. At least when it comes to advertising.
- Competence with Microsoft Word or other word processing software
- Badass portfolio showing how you’ve come up with big ideas and crafted smart copy that cuts through the clutter.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Communicate effectively, efficiently, and enthusiastically verbally and in writing
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree preferred at least preferred with specialty in advertising, communication or creative writing. Can be superseded by above-mentioned badass portfolio.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
Please attach examples of your work